Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Started badly...got better

You know how there are certain discrepancies in everyone's lives between what they want to accomplish  daily and what they actually do?  For instance, I want to wake up at 6:00 am every day, get my daughter to school and be at my desk working by 6:30 am.  This way, I'm done with work early in the day and I feeesl better about myself. 

What actually happened this morning is that I got up at 6:30 am, with just enough time to get my daughters up for school and then went back to bed.  I slept until 9:00 am.  (Hubby was home to watch the 3 year old when he got up.)  I did this yesterday, too.  It's so frustrating when I don't meet my first goal of the day.

Second goal of the day is to do some Pilates to wake up.  I didn't do this.  In fact, I have yet to do this since I made this goal months ago.  I'm only talking 10 minutes to get myself warmed up and ready for the day.  Why is that so difficult to do?  I know it's harder when I sleep until 9, but even when I do get myself out of bed and stay awake from 6:00 am on, I don't do the Pilates.  Maybe I should make it a time-specific goal.  Like, I'm up at 6:00, at my desk by 6:30, and do Pilates at 7:00.  Let's try that tomorrow.

Third goal of the day was to make veggie soup for dinner.  I do it in the crock pot, so it means starting it pretty early.  It also means lots of chopping of various vegetables so it would have been better if I had gotten up early and done it before I started work today, but instead I chopped during my first morning break.  That's okay because the soup doesn't take THAT long to cook.  However, it did mean that I had to rush it a bit and didn't get all the veggies in that I had wanted to.  Nevermind that, I got the soup on!  It's super low-cal since it's literally chicken broth, seasonings and assorted veggies.  I love it and it'll feed our family dinner and me lunch tomorrow.  It smells great right now, in fact.

Fourth goal of the day is to exercise.  I haven't done that yet, but my sister wants me to come over to do a workout with her on her eliptical and stepper, taking turns.  I have a chic flick to watch while we do it.  Then, since it's BL tonight, I'll do some upper body exercises with my dumbbells while I watch TV.  That's one of my all time favorite things to do all week.  I even borrowed a 101 exercises with dumbbells book from the library because I know so few. 

Fifth goal of the day is to get my 8 hours in.  I don't work on a schedule.  I don't have anyone who checks my work or watches my hours.  I can work up to 40 hours per week.  But, I can work 20 or 30 hours per week, if I want.  If I want, I can delegate most of my work out and not work many hours myself at all.  But, of course that would defeat the purpose of working at all.  And, with hubby being low on hours, I really need to work as much as possible.  I'm at 6 hours right now, so I'm doing pretty good.

Speaking of work and hubby... I ended up blowing up last night (quietly, mostly).  I suggested we split our finances and close our joint account (we already have personal expense accounts).  He wasn't happy with the suggestion at all.  This sparked a 2 hour conversation that included some yelling (from me) and lasted until after 1:00 am.  We sorta resolved things.  We agreed that we wouldn't separate our finances at this point but that he will make an effort to work more hours and I will make an effort not to make comments about his work hours.  Fair enough, if that works.  He was very adult about it, actually.  I guess I'm the emotionally fragile one at the moment and it's good that we're taking turns.

Well, I'm off to my sister's to get our workout in!

1 comment:

  1. It's good that you two came to an agreement, it's always tough to wake up that early with a will to exercise after a disagreement with the spouse [sigh] better luck tomorrow..
    Hope you enjoy the workout at your sister's :)

    ReplyDelete