Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10 Miles

About two years ago, I challenged myself to walk 10 miles on my treadmill in one day.  Not necessarily in one go, just in one day.  I managed to do about 8 1/2 miles.  After about 5 miles, I was hurting.  Which was kinda pathetic, but I was a lot bigger at the time and not in very good shape.  It should be a breeze now.  Okay, not a breeze, but certainly easier.

And, since I'm so low on motivation to exercise as to be non-existent, I figured revisiting my 10 mile challenge might be a good idea.  I don't know why I haven't been wanting to exercise.  Usually, even if I'm not eating well, I'm at least walking or doing some floor exercises, if not necessarily breaking a sweat.  I try to do SOMETHING. But, in the last five days, I've exercised one day :(  That's the worst I've done in probably more than a year.  I'm not sure why I'm so opposed to exercising at the moment.  I've been busy most days, trying to get my work in, visiting with family and whatnot.  And having a visitor in the house has certainly changed the dynamic a bit.  But none of these things have impeded my working out in the past. 

Even worse today, I slept until 10 am.  I just didn't want to get out of bed.  Clearly I'm not in a good state of mind.

Hubby is out of town, so that may have something to do with it, although he's been away plenty in the past and it hasn't affected my will to exercise.

I haven't been tracking my calories AT ALL.  However, I've been doing okay with eating.  Not great or even good, but acceptable.

In other news, I was given my first award!! 


Compliments of Christina at Iamsickofbeingasbigasahouse.blogspot.com.  As a condition of the award, I'm to list 7 things about myself and pass it on to 15 blogs.

Seven things about myself:

1.  I am addicted to Biggest Loser.  No one I know watches the program or understands my interest.
2.  I am an avid reader; I read several books a week.
3.  I'm super short at only 4'9" tall.
4.  I still experience post-holiday blues.  I am deeply saddened the day after Christmas.
5.  I hate going places by myself.
6.  I drive a minivan.
7.  I hate wearing sandals; I always feel like my feet are getting dirty.

I'm new to this, so I haven't yet found 15 blogs to read.  However, I can pass the award on to those I do know of and like:

Princess Dieter at Two Years To Happy Weight After
266
Splurgie at What a Splurge ... the diet and the exercise
Dr. Fat To Fit at Dr. Fatty Finds Fitness
Christine at Phoenix Revolution
*Bitch Cakes*: A Neurotic Glamour Girl's Weight Watchers Experience and Fitness Adventures
Christina at http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com/
http://healthyschmealthy.blogspot.com/

Happy reading!  Off to start my 10 mile challenge.  Oh, and maybe actually do some work...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first award! 10 miles is a great goal. best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete