Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Skating Along

The day started late, again.  *sigh*  I went back to bed at 7 and didn't get up again until 9:30, when my 3 year old finally got up.  (He came into bed with me at 8 and I thought he was going to make me get up then but he fell back asleep.  Which I can understand - my bed is very cosy.)

This morning it was straight to work, per usual.  I have lots to do, so I just got on with it and I do feel better for having shrunk my in-pile.  I also did my Pilates this morning - yay me!  It wasn't at 7:00 am, more like 11:00 am, but I still did it.  Only 10 minutes, but that's all that I want to do.  Just enough to limber me up and get the blood flowing.

I worked until nearly 2:00 pm and then got on the treadmill.  The original plan was to go to my sister's house to work out again on her elliptical and the stepper, but I woke with sore hamstring muscles. Not surprising because her elliptical is HARD!  So, I called and told her I would just walk on my treadmill today and get back on her machine tomorrow.  I walked on an incline for 30 minutes while listening to a new audio book.  I download them from audible.com onto my iPod and it makes my workouts go much more quickly.  I just started The Winter House by Nicci Gerrard.  Don't know what it's about yet, only that it's a psycho thriller/mystery - my fave. 

I did some research today into writing.  I read some articles on writing techniques and on resources for aspiring authors.  Good stuff!  I sent hubby some info on potential xmas presents.  It's getting my mind in the game, if that makes sense.

I'm going to work for a couple more hours, finish off my 8 hours, and then get back on the treadmill for a bit.  Then make dinner, do laundry, clean (maybe even the bathroom!) and find something else to do. I have a movie to watch, Precious, but I'm kinda leary about sitting down to watch it.  I just have such a bad habit of eating while I'm in front of the tube.  (Even though there is no tube in my TV, can we still refer to it as that?)  I'm thinking I should just stay busy until it's time for bed.  Maybe I'll sleep better too.  I really, really want to get up early tomorrow.

I feel bad, too, cuz I later found out that my dad had stopped by this morning with coffee for me.  He said he knocked but got no answer.  How frustrating for him.  Especially as he had bought me a cup.  I should buy him a cup tomorrow to return the favor.  Maybe if I go really early.  I could walk over in the morning.  I could go as soon as the girls have left for school, well before the 3 year old is awake.  (Only if hubby's home, of course!!)  That would be a good plan, actually.

So, here's my plan for the morning - and I'm writing it so I can hold myself to it.  I will get up at 6:00 am, get the girls off to school and NOT go back to bed.  I will get dressed and walk to the coffee shop, then to my parents' house.  That should put me there at about 8am.  Too early?  It should probably be okay.  Then back home and start work by 9:00 am, which is what time I've been starting work anyway.

Alright, now that I have a plan, time to get back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment