Friday, October 8, 2010

Blah

Not having a great day.  Started at 4:30 am with pounding on the front door.  Scared the hell out of me.  It was my 15 year old being brought home by two cops.  Apparently she'd been at the park; probably meeting friends although she was alone at the time they picked her up.  Need I say more about it?  Need I mention that I didn't sleep after that or that I've been feeling rather crappy since?  Nuff said, right?

Yesterday went really well for eating.  I ended the day on track for calories, if a little under for calorie burn.  Not sure why my burn was a bit under, actually.  I had walked in the morning and then floor exercises in the evening.  Plus the normal house cleaning and stuff.  I should have had an average burn, if nothing more.

Anyway, today my calorie burn has been good but my food wasn't too good for a bit.  I definitely overate this morning, starting with kettle popcorn, then toast and cream cheese, then chicken and rice and then some pumpkin bread.  I ate all of this within about an hour's time and felt over-stuffed.  I'm not going to eat again until dinner, which is going to be a stir-fry of veggies and chicken with teriyaki sauce and no rice or carbs, thank you very much.

Haven't exercised today and I feel so blah that I can't seem to work up the energy to do so yet.  I want to run, that should pep me up.  Maybe in an hour or so.  I'm rather low on my work hours today because I didn't start until I got back from the Farmer's Market with my sister at noon.

It's going to be a long weekend.  My 15 year old is going to be moping around, and unhappily stuck in the house.  And I won't be able to go anywhere because hubby is working out of town until Sunday.  Then, next week hubby is going to be in Hawaii for a week for work. I'm really dreading him being gone because I don't sleep well.  I always get a bit freaked when I'm on my own. 

Wah, wah, wah, right?  Poor me, let's have a pity party.  I definitely need to jog and get some good hormones going.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever my husband has had to go out of town, I sleep with the tv on and don't go to bed until I am literally falling asleep doing whatever it was I was doing to stay busy. I don't normally get much sleep though, so it doesn't seem to phase me much if I am short an hour or 2.

    ReplyDelete