Monday, October 11, 2010

Loss!

Not a whole lot, but after my very lazy and food-obsessed weekend, I didn't expect a loss on the scale this morning, no matter how well I had done last week. But, alas, I did have a small loss - less than 2 pounds but I'm happy with anything. 

Today went well enough for the first half (except for my early morning goal, which I have yet to achieve in the past week, but nevermind that for the moment).  I didn't do my Pilates, but I did go to my sister's for some elleptical workout (you know, the killer workout that caused me sore muscles last week).  I even jogged there!  I didn't break down the house with calorie burn, but I did alright.  Eating was going well, with Cheerios for breakfast, toast & light cream cheese for snack, veggie soup for lunch and then a bean burrito for dinner.  If I had only stopped there...

But, no, hubby and I went out and combined a date night with work.  We dropped the childrens off and then ran a couple errands.  Hubby had a quickee assignment not too far away, so we decided to drive out together as part of our date night, the date part being that we could actually talk in the car on the drive rather than listen to kid music, whining and yelling.  We stopped for a drink before hitting the freeway, only I stupidly chose to get a candy bar to go with my Diet Pepsi.  (Yep, I'm one of those!!!)  After the assignment, we stopped at a diner for coffee.  Only, I didn't stick with mere coffee, I had an apple crisp dessert as well.  Fortunately I only ate half, because I looked up the nutrition information when I got home and it is 750 calories!!!  So nearly 400 calories for the half of the dessert I ate and 200 calories for the candy bar.  600 calories in less than 2 hours, and that was post-dinner.  Urgh!!  I should get on the treadmill and go for a jog :/  I did manage to talk hubby into going for a short walk, but that would have burned about 30 of the 600 calories.  *sigh*

Well, tomorrow is a new day.  And the difficult part is going to be NOT EATING AGAIN TONIGHT.  It's still fairly early, only about 8:30 pm and I usually go to bed at midnight, so it's going to be a long night staying away from the kitchen (except for when I clean it after I'm done writing this).

I think I'll jog tomorrow.  That should make up for some of the calories.  And, really, I'm still only ending the day with 1500 calories, so I shouldn't cry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment