Friday, October 15, 2010

Banana Bread

Yesterday turned out to be a really good day for eating.  Last night hubby and I drove to LA to pick up his daughter from the airport; she's visiting from England for 2 weeks.  We were super late getting started and didn't get a chance to eat dinner before we left.  Then we ended up waiting for over an hour because she got stuck going through immigration.  In the end, it was after 9:00 pm before we were heading home and we were super hungry.  I had only eaten about 700 calories up to that point, so I knew I was okay to eat whatever we managed to get.  We didn't want to go for any sit-down dinner because my sister was watching the kids and we still had a long drive home, so we just went through a Carl's Jr. drive-thru.  I chose salad!  No soda, just water.  It ended up being about 350 calories with the dressing.  Yay me!  And when I got home, I ate two dark choco candies and nothing more.  I ended the day at less than 1200 calories.  Good thing, too, cuz I didn't exercise at all yesterday.

I haven't exercised yet today but I will tonight for sure.  I was fine with skipping it yesterday because I have been working out hard and I thought it would probably be good for my body to get a break, but I don't want to go 2 days without.  Besides which I haven't been eating as well today.  I've been okay but not as good as yesterday.  So far I've had one packet instant oatmeal and one piece of toast for breakfast, and a large salad and piece of banana bread for lunch.  The banana bread was super yummy.  I bought it fresh-baked at the Farmer's Market this morning and the vendor only uses whole grain flour and few ingredients.  I love it!  I'm going to have a hard time avoiding getting more, but it won't last long with the kids around at least.

It's interesting having my step-daughter visit.  She's 19 cuz hubby was a kid when his gf got pregnant.  She has lived with us in the past and that hadn't gone so well.  In fact, I haven't had a lot of interaction with her since she lived with us.  Hubby has spoken with her regularly, but I haven't.  And with hubby going out of town for work, it is going to be just her and I and the other kids.  Hoping we can bond!  I had really, really missed her after she left and having her visit is like revisiting that time.  I wish I could go back and do it again, but of course I can't.  Well, I can make the present better, though, right?

Anyway, back to work.  Really short on hours this week so I need to work my behind off.

No comments:

Post a Comment