Thursday, October 28, 2010

Far off program

The last few days have been crazy busy with work and entertaining my step-daughter.  She's leaving tonight.  I feel sad; it's been nice having her around.  Hubby will be home tomorrow, which is really sad that he didn't make it back before she left.  I'll be glad when he's home, though.  Overall, I'm just feeling down.  I haven't tracked calories or worked out.  I've been eating whatever I want, pretty much, although I still try to include a lot of fruits and veggies in my diet.  I guess that has become a good habit, at any rate.  I know I need to get back with the program but I have no motivation to do so.  Even when I feel uncomfortable because of my weight, like having to don a suit that doesn't quite fit right, it still isn't motivating me to get back on program.  I know I will get back on program, I just don't want to yet.  It's rather like when the house is messy and you know you need to start cleaning it up but you just can't be bothered and you go to bed with dishes piled in the sink and laundry littering the floor.  You know you'll hate having to wake up to the mess, but you have no energy whatsoever to do anything about it right then and there.  Tomorrow, you hope, you'll feel better and up to the task.  Today is a no-go.  I feel like I want to sleep through a couple days and then wake up feeling refreshed and with a renewed sense of determination.  If only it were that simple, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment