Thursday, October 21, 2010

Goal: Achieved

Well, I did it!  I walked 10 miles yesterday.  It took way longer than I had anticipated, although if I had thought about it for two seconds I could have figured out how long it would take based on the speed at which I was walking, duh!  Anyway, it took me 3 hours. For the first half, I walked at a slight incline.  I try to always walk at a slight incline since it's actually a lot easier to walk/run on the treadmill than outside since the belt is moving under your feet on the treadmill, taking out half the work.  I was sweaty and tired by the time I was done, though.  Based on the calorie counter on the treadmill, I burned nearly 1400 calories.  My bodybugg said about 300 calories.  Whatever, I'm just glad I did it. 

Too bad I ate like a ton of cookies before bed :/  My two oldest daughters decided to bake cookies yesterday evening and I was unable to resist.  Initially, I only ate a couple and I was happy with myself.  But, I kept going back for more.  Fortunately my food intake was pretty low up to that point so I don't think I exceeded my calories for the day.  It was close, though, and I missed an opportunity to burn some major fat.  Oh well.

Glad tomorrow is Friday!!!  I'm tired and done with this week.  I've had a really hard time with my 3 year old the past few days.  He is beyond willful and determined.  Nothing seems to stop him from going after what he wants.  He doesn't seem to care at all about consequences.  And he's super independent.  *sigh*  I miss having hubby around to play interference when I'm reaching my limit.  Apparently he's going to be away even longer than we'd initially been told.  But, good money, right?  Always gotta remember that we need the money.

Today has gone well, food-wise.  Exercise was a fairly short, though hill-ridden, walk to my parents' house.  We had dinner with them, which was both healthy and ample.  I figured I ate nearly 800 calories in total.  Fortunately I'd only eaten 400 up to that point.  I'm not hungry right now but of course I am thinking about food.  And the fact that technically I can eat up to 1500 calories.  But I don't need 1500 calories so I need to put it out of my mind.

I missed an important school meeting today.  It had been scheduled several weeks ago and I had asked for a reminder before the meeting, knowing that I would forget.  Well, apparently the reminder had been sent home yesterday but I hadn't checked my daughter's backpack yesterday.  95% of the time, I do check her backpack but sometimes I'm distracted when she gets home from school and I don't do it.  Yesterday I don't even remember what was going on but I didn't check it and then missed my appointment and the teacher was understandably irritated.  And it isn't like I could run up to the school and just be tardy for the meeting because the school is a 20 minute drive away.  I felt like a horrible parent for forgetting and a failure.  So much pressure to juggle home, family and work.

Again, glad tomorrow if Friday.  I plan on not even looking at my computer this weekend.  I plan on exercising and cleaning house and going for walks and not even thinking about work or school or anything else.  (Yeah, right!!)

1 comment:

  1. Just make it through the rest of the day today, the weekend will be here before you know it! Exercise, house cleaning...all great!! You should pre-plan your meals for the weekend if you can, too. That might help a little. :-)
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete