Monday, October 25, 2010

If I had written this yesterday...

...here's how it would have read:

First day of new diet program (no eating after 8pm and avoiding trigger foods) went really well.  I only ate about 1000 calories all day and avoided foods that I thought might trigger overeating.  I did get physically hungry about 10 pm cuz I'd had an early dinner, so I made a piece of wheat toast with cream cheese.  I figured that wouldn't trigger me to overeat and would keep me satisfied until I went to sleep.  And it worked! I felt fine afterward and did not eat anything else.  I really wanted a piece of chocolate someone had left on the table next to me, but I didn't give in.  I felt really good about it.

However...

Last night did NOT go well. :(

It started before 8pm.  In fact, I'm not sure if what started me down the wrong path was the facts that by 6pm I was super hungry and then ate what I would consider to be trigger foods (a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and a sliver of lemon meringue pie) or if the thought at the time that I would probably end up not keeping on program because of getting too hungry and then eating trigger foods was a pre-rationalization for overeating.  Either way, at about 10pm (coincidence? didn't think so) I warmed up an El Pollo Bowl and cut myself a slice of the lemon meringue pie I had been given.

I wasn't even that hungry, physically.  But, as soon as I got home from dinner at my sister's, and knew the pie was in the fridge (brought home by my daughter), I was thinking about food.  I tried reading, cleaning, thinking about something else... but I was obsessed.  And then I had the thought.  The thought that I could just start again tomorrow - that it didn't REALLY matter if I overate THIS ONE NIGHT.  That eating that one night wouldn't mean I would gain back 50 pounds, it wouldn't make that much impact on my weight at all - this ONE meal.

*sigh*

Of course I feel like crap today about it.  And it isn't ONE meal.  It's countless meals and snacks.  Will I ever get control of my eating?

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps my latest post on my blog would be of use to you, to put some of these guilty feelings at bay?

    It's not the end of the world. It's totally do-able. I hope you enjoyed that pie because it sounds delicious. It's okay to live like a human being sometimes, you know.

    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete