Monday, October 18, 2010

The One-Two Step

I have been on this "weight loss journey" since March 2008 and have lost 50 pounds in that time.  Here's how it has gone... lose a pound, gain a pound, lose a pound, gain a pound, lose two pounds, gain a pound, lose no pounds, gain two pounds, lose six pounds, and then maintain for six weeks.  Basically, I dance around weight loss for weeks on end and then have a bit of success because I manage to stay on program for several weeks in a row, then go back to the dancing around it.  This is done by spending half the week exercising and keeping my calories in check and the other half of the week NOT exercising and eating pretty much whatever I want. 

In keeping with this style of weight loss, I spent the first half of last week doing really well, and the second half not so good.  In the past four days, I've exercised once.  I didn't track my calories at all over the weekend.  I am tracking them today, though.  I haven't exercised yet, but I do intend to get on my treadmill later.

Anyway, the scale this morning was up :(  I was down to 131 mid-week but blew that out of the water with my eating and lack of exercise since Thursday.  Totally bummed about it.  Ah well, new week, new effort.  I just need to stay focused and on track.  I'm picking up a couple weight-loss related books from the library to hopefully keep me motivated. I was SO close to getting to the 120's!!  Why did I sabotage that?  ugh!

1 comment:

  1. I left you an award on my blog.

    http://iamsickofbeingasbigasahouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete