Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Blues

My Sunday blues start pretty much first thing in the morning, which totally sucks because that means I spend half my weekend being blue-y.  I want to enjoy my weekends, not feel all downcast and dreading the next day.  Well, something to work at.

Today was chill (mostly because I have absolutely no money and it was boiling hot outside).  I watched The Host, which was eh, especially as I had already read the book.  I did some housecleaning (fun stuff) and read the book I've been writing, which is about 1/3 complete.  It's not bad.  Obvious things to fix but the plot itself is fine.  Just minor wording changes and a couple scenes to alter to be a little more realistic.  My heroine is a bit of a drama queen and I want to scale that back just a tiny bit.  Especially when she's around a certain guy at work.  Otherwise she will seem 14 instead of 34.

Anyway, so now it's Sunday evening and I'm not sure what to do with myself for the next couple hours.  I really don't feel like reading anymore.  And I'm still trying to think of the next scene for my book.  I guess I could meditate for a bit.  I already did my exercises (yay me!) for 35 minutes.  I'm now up to 115 minutes, woohoo!  Doing good there.

Still practicing my mindful eating, for the most part.  I did eat some popcorn while I was in front of the TV, both last night and today, but otherwise I've been paying attention to my food.  I had cottage cheese for breakfast, which was too salty.  That's all I could taste, was the salt I put on it.  So, a little lighter on the salt next time.  I wonder if I tend to over-salt and over-sweeten things and didn't even realize it.

Lunch was a small serving of pasta and cheese.  It was okay.  Frozen stuff so not great.  Passable if that's all there is to eat (which was not far off from reality).  I had the popcorn for a snack and for dinner I've made spaghetti.  (I know, more pasta!  But lots of veggies and ground turkey in it, so not unhealthy and the pasta is wheat.)  I had to make dinner early because hubby is working a night case at the moment, so I wanted to have it done before he left. 

I think I'm really thirsty and I've been bad with the water intake today, so I'm going to try to drink a gallon of it before I eat dinner.

And that's all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment