Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Practicing can be hard

So, yesterday I had to go to Urgent Care in the morning for a suspected UTI.  I don't have insurance so that was a costly endeavor but needs must.  I asked the doctor to take me off work for a couple days to allow time for the antibiotics to reduce the symptoms, which he agreed.  Honestly, I didn't need the time off from work because the symptoms were uncomfortable, not painful.  I could easily have worked through them, but I didn't want to go to work full stop.  So, I asked for the time off and was granted the time off.  It was a relief to not have to go to work.  However, I know that I should be at work for multiple reasons:  1.  I need to be earning income;  2. It is a new job and missing so much work isn't going to reflect well on me, and may even cause me to lose the job altogether;  3. All I did spending the day at home was to watching endless tv and eat, which is exactly what  I don't want to be doing.

This morning, I didn't finally get out of bed until 11 am.  I woke up numerous times between 7 and 11, I just kept allowing myself to go back to sleep because I didn't feel like getting out of bed.  It isn't unusual for me to not want to get out of bed, but I tend to not allow myself to stay in bed past 9am, just because I don't like how I feel if I stay in bed too long.  Plus, I used to really struggle against sleeping through until late morning or early afternoon and it took me a long time to break that habit.  I don't like to get up after 8am, really, but I don't freak at 9am.  At 11am, I feel a little freaked about.

So, basically I'm eating badly (insofar as I'm eating things that don't make me feel energized and healthy); I'm sleeping too much; I'm not being productive; I'm losing money; and I'm jeopardizing a new job.  The trick is not to berate or badger myself about it, to accept the current reality, and move on from it.  Every moment offers a choice and I can choose to continue as I have (such as go into the living room and turn on the tv and spend the rest of the day there) or I can do something different, like maybe tidy up the kitchen or work on my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment