Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving went well, after..

not so great.

Thanksgiving day, I woke up early and jogged halfway to my parents' house, walking the other half.  It's 2.5 miles, thereabouts.  Includes a couple hills.  Not a bad workout.

I ate a bowl of bran cereal and a banana before the big dinner.  I made the super salad.  Dinner I ate pretty much how I wanted, although I included sweet potatoes and a dinner roll.  Nothing to cry about.  I snacked later that night on some turkey and cranberry sauce.  I had my one piece of pie (no more).  I was happy with the outcome.

Friday was super busy with shopping.  I never sat down to a meal; just snacked a few times on leftovers and fruit.  I probably went a little over my calories because I wasn't sticking to low-cal food necessarily, but I wasn't overeating.  I ate until I was full but no more than that.

Saturday was the bad day.  Major binge last night.  I woke late, worked on my book for a few hours and then went out to run some must-do errands.  I hadn't wanted to go out, actually.  I procrastinated until the late afternoon.  Then, while out, I decided I was just going to grab something for dinner and take it home.  I spoke with hubby and he wanted something not too fattening, so I chose El Pollo - got myself a chicken salad.  So far, so good.  I hadn't overeaten up to that point.

Got home and the house was a wreck.  I hadn't cleaned since Thursday.  Didn't have any energy to clean on Saturday.  Went back to working on my book after I finished eating.  Then I switched to reading.  I'm into the Kathy Reichs series and I really get sucked into her books.  I watched the kids set up and decorate the christmas tree while I was reading.

Then out came the christmas candy the kids had been given.  I had my share.  And then some.  And then some more.  Then a couple granola bars, which I don't even particularly like.  Then a bowl of cereal.  Then the kids' leftovers from dinner.  Then some more candy.  And on and on.  Sick making.

This morning I felt like crap - didn't want to get out of bed.

And, so the story goes...

As usual, have been doing pretty well today, post-binge day.  On the upswing again.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, behaviors as "self-limiting..."
    Like sticking our hand into a light socket or something.
    It hurts SOOO BAD,,,,,, that the next time,
    our mind says "NO" or at least "Watch out!"
    And then we LEARN!
    And we CHANGE!
    So, as sick as it feels.... it's really all good....
    Because we might just need to go through it
    a couple of times to get it right!

    ReplyDelete