Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dinner Out

The last couple days have gone pretty well, eating-wise.  I stayed within my calorie budget yesterday and walked 4 miles on the treadmill, as well as doing some Pilates, FINALLY.  I felt better for it today.  I was disappointed at how difficult the Pilates was to do - I've really lost some ground in having reduced my exercising to only walking or jogging.  I was doing Zumba and other strength training exercises before we moved back to California, and had been in pretty good shape, but I have apparently gone soft.  I definitely need to make a point of using my exercise DVD's and weights regularly, as well as the walking and jogging.

Today I did really well with my eating, even with eating out.  Hubby and I went on a date to Chili's and I chose grilled chicken with rice and beans.  It was on the guiltless menu.  I don't know the exact calorie count, but it is supposed to be under 700 calories for the entire meal, and I didn't eat the entire meal.  It was really good, too!  I love when I choose well AND it tastes great.  Too often I've gone for the low-cal choice on the menu and it hasn't been very palatable.  I drank water rather than a cocktail and ate a small bag of peanut M&M's rather than a dessert at the restaurant.  All in all, a good day in my book.  Although I haven't exercised yet, now that I think about it.

I'm gearing up for tomorrow.  My contribution to dinner is a very large super salad with a huge mix of veggies.  For my dinner, I'm going to fill my plate with the salad, add a bit of turkey and cranberry sauce, and finish off with a piece of pumpkin pie.  I'm then going to go for a very long walk.  I think it's important to have planned ahead of time what I'm going to eat.  I'm including my favories (the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie) and foregoing my less faves (the potatoes, veggies in cream sauce and stuffing).  I'll be taking my walking shoes with me.  Maybe I can get my dad and sister to walk with me, but if not, then I'm more than happy to do it alone.

In honor of the holiday, here are the top 5 things I'm thankful for this year:

1.  To have a healthy family.
2.  To be healthy myself - to be fully functioning and active.
3.  To have our jobs - we are SO lucky in this economy.
4.  To be an American.
5.  To have a truly wonderful husband who loves me.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

  1. And blogging! I'm Thankful for that - and the blogging friends we can meet! Hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete