Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's important to be consistent

I am nothing if not consistent.  Actually, hubby would dispute that statement, but he's not reading this, doesn't even know my blog exists, so I can say that.  Yesterday I again ate over 2000 calories, although I'm not sure exactly how many over.  Here's what I ate:

Shredded Wheat nBran Cereal w/ non-fat milk
coffee with sugar-free creamer

Nutrigrain Bar

El Pollo Bowl (chicken, beans and rice)
1 mini Reese's

2 Strawberry Poptarts

3/4 cup low-cal Chicken Alfredo
6 oz margarita

1 mini Snicker's Bar
2 Starburst candies
1 Tootsie Pop

Obviously, Halloween is not my friend.  It doesn't seem like a lot of food, but I did the calorie calculation last night and when I got to 2000 calories, I stopped. 

Workout was a 30 minute walk, 2.2 miles.

I decided to take Christine's advise and plan my meals ahead of time.  I dusted off my Excel program and got myself up and running.  Knowing what I had in the fridge and cupboard made it easy.  (Am I the only one who could name every item on the shelves of the fridge?)  I planned for breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks.

This morning, according to my menu, I was to eat a bowl of Shredded Wheat n Bran Cereal.  Instead, I ate a piece of whole wheat bread with light cream cheese and a banana.  Well, at least I know what I'll be having for my snack (apple slices).

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least the toast + cream cheese was better than the alternative, right? So I hope the planning trick helps you!!! I think it might! :-) Keep up the good work today!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't posted in a few days. How was the weekend for you eating-wise?
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete