Friday, November 12, 2010

Running

I felt like a bona-fide runner this morning:  I've been meeting my dad for coffee less than a mile away and then walking with him back to his house, which is another 2 miles away.  Yesterday, I decided to jog to the coffee place to up my calorie burn.  Today, I decided to start off earlier and jog to wherever my dad had got to.  Turned out, that was about a mile and a half away and up a hill.  It took me about fifteen minutes.  Jogging along the street, around corners and up a hill just made me feel like I was actually jogging somewhere rather than just inserting some jogging into my walk, if that makes sense.  I even passed other joggers and walkers.  After we walked back to the coffee shop, we walked to my sister's but she was ill so we walked to my dad's house, which is about 2 miles from my sister's and features two pretty hectic hills.  So, all in all, a really good workout.

Which is good because eating was not so good yesterday.  I don't know why, but I gave in to the call of the sweets and ate a few goodies that I've been avoiding.  I really need to get this stuff cleared from my cupboard so I don't feel like I'm constantly denying myself stuff.  The kids will just have to learn to live without those particular goodies.

But, I'm back on track today and I feel okay with my hiccup.  I can deal with occasional derailments, as long as I get myself sorted quicksmart and don't turn it into weeks of indulging.

Plans this weekend include a bike ride with my daughter and some food shopping for stuff to fill the cupboards that I can eat.

I also found a great article on weight loss.  The secret:  Eat less. :)

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/11/weight.loss.race/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Eat less?
    Who knew?
    heehee
    Sounds like we have a plan, oh running person!

    ReplyDelete