Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Committment

Following my really good weigh-in, I've had two days of overeating again.  Not binging (that's progress!) but still eating more than I'm burning.  I'm exercising but not enough to balance the eating.  So, I'm making a public committment to my cause here.  I know I can do this, I've done it before.  I have been losing and regaining the same few pounds for 6 months now.  This is ridiculous.  It's not that hard, I just need the mindset to do it.  So, no more excuses, no more justification, no more whining about how hard it is or how unhappy I am.  Just freakin do it!  I'm logging my food (good!), exercising every day (excellent!) and now I'm going to actually stick to my calorie limit, which is 1400 calories per day.  NOT exactly starving myself, right?  That's 1400 calories in, 2100 calories out, for a pound loss per week.  NOT hard!  Just gotta keep my head in the game.  I'm making a committment to do it right here, right now. 

I also want to get more serious about my running.  I was watching the BL last night and my least fav contenstant, Elizabeth, ran a marathon!  Her time wasn't great, but she still did it.  She's still quite heavy and not the strongest person in the world, so if she can do that then I can certainly run longer than 2 miles. 

So, I'm also making a committment to get up in the morning and go for a run.  Or run in the evening if hubby isn't around in the morning.  Whatever it takes, run my little legs off.  I've always wanted to run a marathon, so why not start training for one?  What am I waiting for?  I'm always talking about wanting to do things but not doing them and then feeling like a loser.  I'm controlling all that.  I can make the changes. 

So everyday I'll post my calories in, calories out, and miles run.  That's my public committment.

1 comment:

  1. A public commitment!
    Awesome! Change is good,
    and it sounds like you are more than ready!

    ReplyDelete