Monday, June 24, 2013

Planned!

I met my first objective - I planned my week's food!  Yesterday, I got on my laptop and came up with a menu for every meal and snack for myself for this week, and then I tracked it all in Weight Watchers so I'd know I was within my daily budget. 

I was a little worried that I would struggle against the restraints of having to eat a certain food at each meal or snack, that I would maybe feel like something different.  But, actually that hasn't been an issue at all.  In fact, it was a welcome relief to not have to decide what to make for dinner tonight, or what to take for lunch today.  There was no opportunity for me to have the dreaded self-argument between what I wanted (something fattening and tasty) and what I should have (something healthy and low-cal).  I came home, made what was on the menu, ate and then cleaned up, easy peasy.

I also did my 20 minutes of exercise, which is my minimum.  I had a headache so I didn't do more than that tonight.  However, I meditated for probably the longest time I've ever meditated.  I was physically numb by the time I tried to stand up, but so, so, so relaxed.  And I needed that relaxed because I came home to an utter wreck of a house and spent my first 30 minutes home yelling at the kids and trying to get the place in some kind of order again.  That and work...

Work...  It's not the kind of work I would be doing if I had a choice.  If I had a choice, I would be a novelist.  Not very novel is it?  Nor is it the kind of job one can train for and then do, just like that.  Nope, it's an arty job, which means you can write and write and write and never make a cent.  Which means you have to have a day job.  Which totally sucks, I don't mind telling you.  I am currently writing my eighth novel, with not a published writing in my entire history (other than like newsletters and stuff).

To be fair, other than short stories, I have never tried to publish.  I always get to the end of a book and then decide it just isn't any good and I just push it to the back of the closet (literally).  Anyway, I'm working on the eighth book and I really do plan on trying to get this one published, or maybe self-publish, but it is a good few months from even having the rough draft done, never mind the edits and rewrites.  A year probably before the entire project is done, if not two years and then...

Maudlin thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment