Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Feeling Poorly

Not feeling my best today.  I have a slight headache and a bad tummy.  I think I may have eaten something that didn't agree with me (maybe my steamed veggies from the weekend).  That's the risk of preparing food ahead of time.  Or maybe it's nothing to do with what I've eaten.  On top of that, it's that time of month and a bad one.  It's freezing outside (literally, below freezing) and I just want to curl up with a warm fire and a book.  I can't do the fire, but I will curl up with a good book later.  Right now I'm working (really, I am, in the background). 

I don't think I'm going to get to any exercise today :(.  I did go to my dr. appt. to get a new PX for my migraines.  (Hopefully I won't need them but usually I do this time of month.)  I went to the library and restocked on books (just in time) and also stopped by the grocery store.  I was bummed because I really wanted to get some banana chips (I know, not the best food in the world, but literally it's my only form of junk food these days) but the only ones they had at the Wal-Mart had sugar added to them.  Why would they need to add sugar?!  Bananas are so sweet already.  All of the dried fruit had added sugar, which was a bummer.  I really wanted to get some treat so I don't feel so deprived but dried fruit is bad enough without adding unnecessary sugar.  I got fresh bananas instead (yes, I know it's better).  I didn't get much else in the way of food because I was in a hurry and I didn't know what to get.  Nothing with flour or sugar or cheese or onion or cured meats, etc. etc.  It really significantly narrow down the possibilities.  I bought myself some bananas, eggs, celery, apples, lettuce and natural peanut butter.

Enough pity party.  I requested a couple of whole foods cookbooks from the library so hopefully I'll find some good ideas and recipes there.  In the meantime, I still have plenty of leftover soup.  Tomorrow I'll make bean soup for dinner - that should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment