Wednesday, February 12, 2014

T-Minus 29 Days

I've decided to count down my goal rather than count up.  I have successfully fulfilled day one of my commitment to being strong and calm (my positive terminology for no sugar/no flour), and to completing my daily practices.  Today, I feel good.  I even did my workout and meditation early in the day - just before noon.  Usually I'm scrambling to fit it in at the end of the day, which isn't the most practical time because I'm also juggling getting dinner cleaned up, homework done, kids bathed and in bed on time.  So, it is nice to be at just past mid-day and already done with those commitments. 

My exercise last night consisted of a whole 10 minutes of yoga and 10 minutes of meditation.  As mentioned above, I didn't leave myself with a lot of time to accomplish these goals.

Today my exercise consisted of 15 minutes of Yoga, 10 minutes of aerobics and 20 minutes of meditation.  I did the meditation immediately after the exercises, when I most enjoy it.  It gives my body time to cool down and relax after the workout, and with all the blood flow my brain is better able to concentrate.  Today was especially relaxing because the sun came out and slanted just right so that I felt the warmth on my face as I was meditating.  I love the feel of the warm sun on my skin. 

Even though I ate fairly well, quantities were a bit altogether high for one day.  I'm not measuring or restricting myself to calories.  Still, I hope to bring that down just a bit today.

Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with 1 tsp peanut butter (natural with no sugar) and 1/2 cup unsweetened frozen mixed berries.

Lunch was a bowl of leftover homemade chili with shredded cheddar cheese and a banana.

Snack was two handfuls of pumpkin seeds, shells eaten.

Dinner was homemade tomato soup (turned out awesome) and a salad, followed by two tangerines.

Snack #2 was 2 cheese and chicken roll-ups (basically a slice of chicken lunch meat rolled around a piece of cheddar cheese), a single-serving bag of roasted almonds and about a handful of blueberries.

Dinner was especially difficult because, being the nice mom/wife I am, I knew the boys wouldn't be satisfied with just soup so I grilled cheese sandwiches to go with them - even bought fresh-baked bread.  I was practically drooling watching them eat the sandwiches, and I don't even particularly like grilled cheese (which is why I thought it would be safe).  The problem was the bread - that fresh-baked bread looked and smelled SO good.  Amazing how appetizing something is when you know you can't have it!

So, all in all, not a bad start.  No migraine or headache today - YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment