Sunday, August 4, 2013

Goal Met

With my extra day, I was able to achieve my goal, exercising a total of 520 minutes.  Today I went for a long walk while I talked to my mom on my cell.  We don't generally have a close relationship, but I try to improve that as much as I can, when I can.  I like to spend my walks catching up with my family. 

I am creating a new weekly tradition of having the kids create a menu for Sunday night dinner and then I help them make it.  We're choosing recipes and ideas from a kids' healthy cookbook so the meals are easy and fun to make, while also being healthy.  Tonight it was whole wheat personal pizzas, salad, a rice and veggie side and fruit and yogurt parfait for dessert.  It's actually surprisingly fun and I feel good that I'm teaching my kids some important life skills.  Plus, it's all super tasty.  We start early so I'm able to get the mess cleaned up fairly early and then enjoy my Sunday evening.  Tonight I read a bit on my kindle outside while the kids rode their bikes up and down the street.  We're fortunate to live on a cul-de-sac in a residential area thick with families with young kids so I feel pretty comfortable letting them ride their bikes out front (although no unsupervised, of course).  Their friends from the house behind us joined them, but then that became a PITA because the youngest was riding a scooter that had a mind of its own and didn't go very fast so that she was constantly left far behind, which was a cause for tears and upset and I finally told everyone it was time to go in.

My day has been otherwise pretty chill.  I did some grocery shopping, tidying, laundry.  The usual stuff.  I plan to be in bed by 9:30 and lights out by 10:30.  I got up pretty late this morning so it might be hard to get to sleep, but I'll make a go of it anyway and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment