Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Bullet is the Answer

After pondering my utter lack of will-power and inability to steer clear of the TV (while eating), I only have one option left:  A bullet to the middle of the screen.  If I only had a gun...

Today started out well enough.  I ate some yogurt/granola/fruit mix for breakfast, a veggie/bean burrito for lunch and then made spaghetti for dinner with whole wheat noodles and ground turkey.  The problem started (and ended) when I sat in front of the TV to eat my dinner.  What followed was yet another practice in over-eating.  Honestly, I always considered myself to be somewhat intelligent, but I truly have to question that assumption at this point.  Now I sit, again, overfull and feeling rather gross and wondering why the hell I keep doing this to myself.

I even tried to walk it off.  I walked for 2.5 miles, then did some meditation/yoga, before sitting down here.  I still feel gross.  In fact, now that I'm sitting, I feel double gross.  I feel like I will never feel not-gross again.  And given the fact I felt this way last night, it is no wonder that I assume this is how my evenings will go forever and ever, ad nauseum. 

I had my mindful moment during yoga and also earlier on my walk. 

Today was a little on the stressful side because I accompanied the VP on a training at one of our clients'.  I had never been on a client visit so I wasn't too sure what to expect and spending a long time alone with upper management is a little nerve-wracking.  We were literally in the car together for two hours, alone.  And I tend to talk too much.  I don't sit well with silence.  So, I babbled and talked and pretty much told the VP way too much about myself and my husband.  Like WAY too much.  Now I'll be embarrassed whenever I see her in the office.

Anyway, otherwise work went okay.  I kinda accidentally threw someone under the bus who didn't need to be thrown under the bus so that kinda sucked and I'm going to have to be a big girl and admit my mistake tomorrow, which double sucks...

Still, life is good, right?  Right??

No comments:

Post a Comment