Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happiness

I've been listening to a self-help book on my iPod.  I usually listen to fiction novels, but I thought I would see if I could glean any useful tips from a self-help book instead.  I'm listening to "The Happiness Advantage."  Apparently, happy people are more successful.  Or is it that successful people are more happy?  I'm struggling with the chicken/egg bit on this guy's theory that be happy = success rather than the other way around.  Some of his theories and suggestions seem sound; others I'm extremely skeptical.  Still, it's all food for thought.  And I thought my thoughts could use some food rather than my tummy for once :)

Speaking of eating, I've done pretty well this week.  I overate on Tuesday, but Monday, Wednesday and today I did well.  Not that I'm yet done with today, but I think I'll make it.  I'm done with dinner.  It's 6:30 pm.  I have plans to clean up the house for the next hour or two, then read my book and have a snack of pistachio nuts (the calories of which have already been counted toward my daily total), have a cup of hot apple cider (sugar free) and then brush my teeth and get into bed.  I had an early start today so I shouldn't have too much trouble getting to sleep at a decent hour.

Yesterday my mom and I went to our first gym class and I loved it.  It was a killer workout, much harder than I had anticipated, and I'm decidedly sore today.  The instructor was great, the class size was perfect and I didn't feel the least bit intimidated or embarrassed.  Even with my mom wearing a sailor shirt to class :/  We're going again tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.  Which is weird, right?  To look forward to an exercise class?  I guess at least it means that I get out of having to work at the time :)

Work isn't going quite as well.  I've had two short days in a row - mostly because my workload has slowed down.  That's okay, though, because I'm sure it will pick up.  Technically, I could have worked longer today, but oh well.

Anyway, off to clean. The house is disgusting and I'm going to whip it into shape once and for all.

1 comment:

  1. So THAT's how it's done -once and for all!
    Mine has to be flogged back into shape on a regular basis!
    And even then it's a chore.
    heehee

    ReplyDelete