Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Daily Exercise

So far, my aim to exercise daily for 5 minutes is working.  I missed one day, due to working until nearly 11 pm, but I made it up by exercising twice the next day, so I'm not counting it as a missed day :)  5 minutes really is nothing.  I'm hoping by shooting for such a short duration, I can instill the habit of daily exercise.  And I may go longer.  Today I did 8 1/2 minutes.  But 5 minutes a day is far better than 0 minutes a day.  After a week, I'll have exercised 35 minutes.  That's way, way better than 0 minutes.

Anyway, I'm still eating a lot of junk.  I really need to take control of my fridge/cupboard and get the junk out.  I threw out the rest of the Easter candy, so that's a start.  The trick will be not to replace it with more junk when next I go grocery shopping.

I'm thinking about buying an activity monitor again.  And tracking calories.  It's a little scary, to think about tracking calories because I'm already so obsessed with food and eating and I've heard/read that stopping dieting is the first step toward recovering from a food addiction.  On the other hand, I'm getting heavier daily and I should do whatever it takes to get my weight back down to a healthy range.  I am in the OBESE range at the moment, and probably gaining about 3 pounds a week with my current eating habits.  I've gotten to the point where my back is aching all the time again, and my knees scream at me whenever I squat or kneel.  I'm sick and tired of feeling like crap because of my constant eating.

So, yes, maybe the activity tracker will help.  It did help me last time.  I kinda shouldn't spend the money, because I have been a spend-o-maniac lately and I'm supposed to be saving.  And paying off debts.  But, it would be so great if I could start to lose weight already.  Or at least stop gaining.  I would settle for stopping the gain at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment